Wednesday, April 22, 2015

FINDING THE KEY TO HAPPINESS..

22/4/15 12:49:30 pm: Kwee! Chang: 2 hrs ·

FINDING THE KEY TO HAPPINESS..
Hi everyone. Good morning. I am Dhruva Das Munshi, practicing this life changing philosophy since August 2006. In August 2006, when I was contemplating of committing suicide due to acute financial crisis and unemployment, my friend put a lifetime's effort into persuading me to try Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. After hours of discussions and arguments, she finally dropped a quiet bomb, saying,"Your life Will Change 360 degrees". For that I had no argument.
When I actually began practicing, my life erupted with benefits. I got my first breakthrough in a company of my friend which later took wings and withing six months it was taken over by a major financial giant and I was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer with a great package even though I did not have the requisite qualification & experience.
From then on, I really determined to dedicate my life to the path of Kosen Rufu based on the oneness of mentor and disciple. I began a daily dialogue with President Ikeda, asking myself, 'What would Sensei do in this situation'? With my mentor as my spiritual compass, I developed a level of courage & compassion I had never thought possible.
I also learned to follow through with my ideas & promises. For instance, President Ikeda has said that those who practice Nichiren Buddhism should try to be indispensable where they are, citing this guidance from first Soka Gakkai President Tsunesaburo Makiguchi:"There are three kinds of people: Those everyone wants to have around, those whose presence doesn't make a difference and those whose presence causes problems." ( NHR Vol.22, pg.230). I learned from Sensei that if you want to excel at anything, you have to put your heart into it and win the trust of those around you. The greatest benefit has been developing fortitude to never be defeated, something I learned almost 10 yrs. into my Buddhist practice.
For four years everything went on very well. I was in cloud nine. But from 2010 devils attacked with great venom. I lost my vision of the left eye in February 2010 and in the same year June, I was diagnosed with third stage of Barret cancer. I lost my job too. The destruction was complete. How true is Nichiren Daishonin when he says in The Letter to Brothers,"As practice progresses and understanding grows, the three obstacles & four devils emerge in confusing form, vying with one another to interfere......One should be neither influenced nor frightened by them. If one falls under their influence, one will be led into paths of evil. If one is frightened by them, one will be prevented from practicing the great teaching. This teaching not only applies to me, but also is a guide for my followers. Reverently, make this teaching your own and transmit it as an axiom of faith for future generations."
Today, I have complete conviction in Nichiren Daishonin's words. I quote."Believe in this Mandala with all your heart. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is like the roar of a lion, what sickness can therefore be an obstacles." I unquote. (WND Vol.1, pg.412). I am grateful to my Soka Gakkai leaders, my family and the bigger Gakkai family, who stood by me during my darkest hours and made me a proud victor. Friends, I am proud to report that I overcame cancer from the third stage and on 25th July, 2014 I was declared completely free of cancer. Even no medicines are required.
During my illness, a senior leader had told me,"Mr. Munshi, the fastest way to change your karma is to do Shakubuku. He also said that our lives blossom when we introduce others to this practice. Gohonzon cannot get down off the Butsudan and tell people about chanting. Only we can do it. And this is one of the reasons that we are the worthy votaries of the Lotus Sutra. When we help others learn to practice our life expands and we change our KARMA." And my own observation is, whatever is stopping us from doing shakubuku may also be stopping us in life. When we breakthrough in shakubuku, we breakthrough in life too.
Friends, I took my leader's guidance as gospel and plunged in Shakubuku to change my health & financial karma. Today, I am proud to say that I have lost count of my shakubukus. Especially in the last six months I have shakubukued 70 people. In the month of April itself till date and I have shakubukued 10 of my friends and aquaintance from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and Nagpur to Guwahati. Now, shakubuku is my favourite passion. One may ask why? Because, I want to change my karma in this lifetime. I have already changed a lot, but there is no end it.
What have I received in return from Gohonzon? A perfect life, a great job as a CEO of a group of companies at this age (I am 62), Executive Editor of a magazine, a harmonious family, a beautiful & vibrant BSG District with lively members. In short, whatever I can wish for. Thanks to Gohonzon & Sensei, in gratitude. I love you sensei.
Today, my Buddhist practice me the energy and confidence I need to keep pushing forward, even when at times, I feel completely exhausted. I truly believe that by winning where my feet are planted, the Gohonzon is leading me closer to my dreams. I want to become indispensable both at my work and in my district so that I can show the actual proof of the Mystic law. Sensei has taught me the true essence of Buddhism and I cannot thank him enough for his empowering and uplifting words, which have helped me in believing in myself and my ability to overcome obstacles.
Nichiren Buddhism is a practice of cause & effect, sow & reap and that no effort for kosen rufu goes waste. One of my very close was admitted in AIIMS with serious kidney problems in 2009. I visited him regularly and chanted for him. I also explained him the greatness of our philosophy but somehow, he was not convinced. However he appreciated my efforts to chant for him. Friends, I am glad to report that the seed I sowed in 2009 ultimately blossomed after 6 years and he has started practicing since January 2015. So it is proved that no effort goes waste and that the heart is the most important.
This fortunate life has all been due to my dedicated, continual efforts in faith, practice & study of Nichiren Buddhism for myself and for the sake of others, no matter what was going on. Each time I have overcome any obstacle through faith, I have expanded and greatly enriched my life. I am filled with appreciation and look forward to working for kosen rufu and to uniting ever more deeply with Sensei through out the rest of my life.
I am determined that every action I take on behalf of SGI or my fellow members or President Ikeda will be VICTORIOUS, no matter what. Even when it is not the result I hoped for, it would become a victory through my efforts. I would leave no stone unturned until victory is a reality.
Thank you for listening to me so patiently.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Forever.
(This experience was shared by me in the Discussion Meeting held on 19.04.2015)


Sent from my iPhone