Thursday, December 10, 2020

Check out this quote

Hi, Iʼm reading this book and wanted to share this quote with you.

"Depending on our unique circumstances, predominant life condition, and karmic patterns, the effort we must exert to stay in a spiritually strong place differs. It also differs depending on our goals, and on the kinds of changes we're looking to make. While I was facing the hardest challenges of my life, I was also dreaming the biggest dreams I ever imagined, and I was chanting several hours a day to achieve them. When I mention how much I chanted during those toughest days, people gasp and say they couldn't possibly find the will or the time to do anything for several hours a day. That's understandable and absolutely fine. Maybe fifteen or thirty minutes would be the ideal amount of daily chanting for you. Chanting to your heart's content is what's most important, and any amount of chanting is beneficial. It's all up to you. For me, chanting several hours a day during those difficult years was invigorating. I could feel the positive differences that chanting made in my life, which motivated me to chant even more. It just seemed like common sense to me. How could I not want to do more of something that improved my life so dramatically? I compare it to the preparation required to win an athletic contest. In my heart, I had decided to go for the gold in a spiritual Olympics, but my starting place wouldn't have qualified for a junior varsity team. I had to work harder to compensate for my handicaps. If you imagine the discipline required to get from where I was to where I wanted to go, then it's easy to understand why my practice was so extensive in those days. Over the years, as my life condition rose and my circumstances improved, my practice shifted to more moderate levels. Whether I chant for minutes or hours, I have always loved my daily routine of chanting. This is how I saved myself. This is how I made my wildest dreams come true." (from "Happiness Becomes You: A guide to changing your life for good" by Tina Turner)

Start reading it for free: https://a.co/fHpdq9a

--------------

Read on the go for free - download Kindle for Android, iOS, PC, Mac and more
http://amzn.to/1r0LubW