Friday, January 22, 2016

testimonials from india- Miraculous Escape

Miraculous Escape

I will like to share my experience today, and before I begin, I will like to quote a Gosho: It is clear that those who now believe inthe Lotus Sutra will gather fortune from ten thousand miles away. Yes friends today I narrate this only because I have gathered abundant fortune by doing abundant daimoku.
I was returning from Kolkata to Delhi by a prestigious train on last Friday, 15th January 2016 and seated comfotably. I finished doing my evening gongyo and was chanting daimoku. I had hardly chanted for 15 minutes, when there was a big blast and before I could sense anything, I felt that I have been covered with saw dust from head to toe. When I opened my eyes, I found that both the huge windows had shattered and I was covered with splinters and glass powder. On being informed of the incident the train officials rushed to the spot and started their own investigations. One thing they said with conviction was that the glass panes were not shttered by any stone because, a stone could at the most crack the outer glass but cannot shatter both the windows. I was immediately attended to and cleaned with the help of a vacuum cleaner. What surprised every one was that in spite of being covered with glass fron head to toe, I did not receive a single scratch neither was there even a single drop of blood any where.
As the railway officials were intrigued with the incident, the police was duly informed and they came in full force with two sniffer dogs at the next station. The dogs were immediately put to action and to evrybody's dismay found out an empty 303 bullet case under a berth on one side. It thus confirmed the suspicion of the railway authorities that it was something other than a stone that could shatter the window panes. Then I realised that it was a huge, huge protection from the Gohonzon that not only saved my life but my co-passengers too. My co-passengers complimented me and said that the mantra that I was reciting saved our lives. I can only express gratitude to Gohonzon for this miracle.
What I realized today was that even though I do not see immediate change in my life or my environment, the wheels have been set in motion. Change is happening and it becomes apparent at the right time. Sensei says, "Greet everything positively, weather all storm with a strong, resilient spirirt, and emerge triumphant. That is the Buddhist way of life.
I have another short experience which may give a lot of hope to many. As Sensei says, " There are many elements involved in a prayer being answered, but the important thing is to keep praying until it is. By continuing to pray you can reflect on yourself with unflinching honesty, and begin to move your life in a positive direction on the path of earnest, steady effort. Even if your prayer doesn't produce concrete results immediately, your continual prayer will sometime manifest itself in a form greater than you had ever hoped."(Daily Encouragement 30/3/2010).
In 2010, one of my close friends requested me to pray and chant for his highly qualified daughter working as an Assistant Professor in a prestigious college in Delhi. As the girl was highly qualified, it had become difficult to find a suitable match for her and she rejected whatever match my friend brought. I am glad to report that after six years of continuous prayer and chanting, the young lady got engaged last Sunday 17th January and the wedding is scheduled for 31st January.
It clearly proves what Nichiren Daishonin said in one of his writings. "Though one might point at the earthe and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered."
Today, I earnestly resolve to achieve VICTORY in All ares of my life together with my mentor in life, chanting with his spirit. Together with Sensei, let's do our part to grow positivity, inspire productivity, push audacity and radiate humanity on a planet that needs these more than ever before...and trust me, I love you for it!

Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone