Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Only through intense human interaction engaging the entire personality that people can forge themselves

Daily Guidance Mon 01/30

For Today and Tomorrow


Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, January 30, 2012

Buddhism teaches that "all phenomena in the universe are manifestations of the Law" (Gosho Zenshu, p. 564). I hope you will, with this understanding, engage yourselves in broad-ranging studies with vigor and determination. Your brains have a potential as vast and boundless as the universe. How then do we manifest the brain's full creative powers? There is only one way to bring out our full intellectual capacity: by constantly putting our minds to work.

http://www.jewelrybloguncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/diamond1.jpg

Buddhism Day by Day


Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, January 30, 2012

Just as a diamond can only be polished by another diamond, it is only through intense human interaction engaging the entire personality that people can forge themselves, raising themselves up to ever-greater heights.

 

 

 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7Gs0frmhzdZI-E5noKzkb45a5-i0y-luCpyRi6cQ5orXriMEJrEm2veddn6vhi5elq-1goa8D9Y5e7bpiih13XU__-4Bev00sn08ya_W-gsyHWiP24bBRD4dIb-tWINTBmwr_1jGi8GM/s1600/wisteria+up+pine+tree+sm+copy.jpg

Daily Wisdom


From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Monday, January 30, 2012

My disciples, you should believe what I say and watch what happens. These things do not occur because I myself am respectworthy, but because the power of the Lotus Sutra is supreme.  If I praise myself, people will think that I am boastful, but if I humble myself, they will despise the sutra. The taller the pine tree, the longer the wisteria vine hanging from it. The deeper the source, the longer the stream. How fortunate, how joyful! In this impure land, I alone enjoy true happiness and delight.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 642
A Sage Perceives the Three Existences of Life
Written to Toki Jonin in 1275