Friday, November 27, 2015

From Sensei's Thoughts on NHR -- transforming Osaka into a capital overflowing with happiness and goodwill

"We must build Osaka -- a city of honest, industrious people -- into a capital of happiness of the people overflowing with goodwill" -- this was my determination as a young lion of 28 who, from the start of 1956, began to take active leadership in the construction of Ever-victorious Kansai. Together with the Kansai members, I launched a concerted effort -- a struggle of faith and kosen-rufu -- to achieve that goal.

:
:

Whether or not to field a candidate had been an extremely tough choice for the Headquarters. Everyone thought it was a race that could not be won. Both inside and outside the Soka Gakkai, many were saying that it was a rash move and doomed to failure. But I made a firm pledge to my mentor: "No matter what obstacles we may face, I promise you we will win. I will bring you a victory, Sensei!"