Saturday, December 22, 2012

those who know the bitterness of winter that can savor the true joy of spring.

Daily Guidance Fri 12/21


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2213/2219913470_5c2285117f.jpg
For Today and Tomorrow
Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, December 21, 2012
Buddhism holds that everything is in a constant state of flux.  Thus the question is whether we are to accept change passively and be swept away by it or whether we are to take the lead and create positive changes on our own initiative.  While conservatism and self-protection might be likened to winter, night and death, the spirit of pioneering and attempting to realize ideals evokes images of spring, morning and birth.



Winter Solstice
Buddhism Day by Day

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, December 21, 2012
Even if today may seem to be a time of total darkness, it will not last forever.  The dawn will surely come if you advance, ever forward, without being defeated. The day will definitely come when you can look back fondly and declare, "I am savoring this happiness because I struggled back then."   It is those who know the bitterness of winter that can savor the true joy of spring.



http://www.sgi-d.org/bilder/verschiedenes/rar.gif
Rissho Ankoku Ron
Daily Wisdom
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Friday, December 21, 2012
Likewise the people of Japan, by becoming enemies of the Lotus Sutra, have brought ruin on themselves and their country.  And because I proclaim this, I am called arrogant by those of little understanding.  But I do not speak out of arrogance.  It is simply that if I did not speak out I would not be the votary of the Lotus Sutra. Moreover, when my words prove later to be true, people will be able to believe all the more readily. And because I write this down now, the people of the future will recognize my wisdom.

The Supremacy of the Law
Written to Oto and her mother, Nichinyo on August 4, 1275

   
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF WINTER